Plant Operator - Grader
Cessnock, NSW, 2325
Cessnock City Council provides a diverse range of services and facilities for the residents within the local government area, as well as visitors to the area. We employ approximately 320 employees and are situated within the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, approximately 120 kilometres north of Sydney and 40 kilometres west of Newcastle.
An exciting opportunity is now available for a Plant Operator – Grader to work as part of a multi-skilled team to undertake the safe operation of the Grader and Laser for the maintenance and construction of roads, paved areas, drainage facilities and parks. This role will also be required to:
- Undertake general labouring duties associated with the maintenance and construction of roads, paved areas, drainage facilities and parks;
- Undertake the safe operation of all other plant as required such as Roller and Compactor;
- Monitor and maintain stockpiles for the project site; and
- Train and mentor other plant operators in the use of the Grader and other plant as required.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated competence and ability to safely operate, service and maintain a Grader, Grader Laser, Roller and other plant as required;
- Demonstrated experience in a civil construction/maintenance role including road and drainage construction, concrete construction and civil maintenance and knowledge, understanding and experience of road engineering work methods employed on civil projects;
- Demonstrated competency in undertaking specified labouring duties for civil projects and maintenance tasks; and
- HR drivers licence
Remuneration and Benefits:
- $49,685 - $57,530 per annum
- 10.5% superannuation
- 38 hours per week
- 19 day month and RDO scheme
- Generous corporate fitness program
- Picturesque Hunter Valley location!
Close Date: Wednesday 7 March 2018 at 11.30pm
How to Apply:
Before applying, please read the position description below.
Please complete the application form below and answer the questions which relate to the essential and desirable criteria within the role description, then upload a copy of your resume and cover letter. For more information on how to address the selection criteria please visit: http://www.cessnock.nsw.gov.au/council/jobs/Howtoapply
You may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
Kevin Massey, Construction Coordinator on 4993 4305
Guided by staff values of integrity, respect, teamwork, accountability and excellence, Cessnock City Council is indeed an attractive, thriving Council and employer of choice.